Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar (replace with apple cider vinegar if you don’t have rice vinegar to hand)
- 1.5 tsp soy sauce (replace with tamari if you don’t eat gluten)
- 2 tbsp organic honey
- 2 cups red cabbage (finely sliced)
- 1 cup frozen edamame (thawed)
- 1 cup of frozen mango (thawed)
- 1/4 cup organic peanuts (roughly chopped)
- In a large salad bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, olive oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce and honey until well combined
- Add remaining ingredients and toss until evenly coated
- Enjoy immediately or let marinate overnight
I love this salad as a fresh and tasty lunch after the excesses of Christmas and New Year. It’s a great way of using up any red cabbage you may have leftover from the festive season as well!
If you’re nut-free you can replace the peanut butter with tahini and top with sesame seeds or hemp hearts.
For extra favour try adding lime juice, red chilli flakes, minced garlic or ginger and some chopped coriander’.
About the Author
Lottie Williams, BA Hons, DipCNM, mBANT, rCNHC is a Registered Nutritional Therapist based in London. A specialist in women’s health, she helps her clients feel happier and healthier with diet and lifestyle changes.
Check Lottie's websites www.lottiewilliamsnutrition.co.uk | www.balancetothrive.co.uk