The lovely warming Moroccan Honey Chicken Stew includes a delicious range of flavours thanks to the spices and honey.
The vegetables (and fruit) will contribute fibre, which your gut loves, and the chicken is a great source of protein.
Moroccan Honey Chicken Stew Recipe
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Chicken Breast (skinless, boneless, diced into chunks)
- 2 Onions (medium, diced)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon (or you can use our Ceylon Cinnamon and organic Honey mix!)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cardamom (or you can use our Cardamon and Honey mix!)
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 4 Tomatoes (large, diced), or 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Parsley (finely chopped and divided)
- 2 tsp Natural organic Honey (in case you added pure spices)
- 2 tbsps Raisins
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a large pot or saucepan. Add chicken, onion, turmeric, cinnamon, cardamom, cayenne and salt. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes, half the parsley, honey and raisins. Cover and cook for another 15 minutes on low heat, until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thick. The longer you cook this the better, add a little water if the sauce becomes dry
- Uncover and serve immediately. Garnish with remaining parsley and serve
You can make this dish vegetarian by substituting chickpeas (2 tins of cooked chickpeas) for the chicken.
About the Author
Lottie Williams, BA Hons, DipCNM, mBANT, rCNHC is a Registered Nutritional Therapist based in London. A specialist in women’s health, she helps her clients feel happier and healthier with diet and lifestyle changes.
Check Lottie's websites www.lottiewilliamsnutrition.co.uk | www.balancetothrive.co.uk