This thyme and lemon honey Bundt cake is summer in a mouthful. The gorgeous lemon and thyme paired with Honey Heaven Organic Unprocessed Honeydew Honey are a sunshine taste sensation!
We love this cake for summer garden parties and afternoon tea with friends and family in the sunshine.
What you need:
- Two fresh lemons (unwaxed)
- Fresh thyme leaves (small bunch)
- 250ml greek yoghurt
- 450g plain flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 200g soft unsalted butter
- 240ml or one cup of Honey Heaven Organic Unprocessed Honeydew Honey
- 3 large eggs
- 120 to 240 grams of icing sugar (depending on how much icing you like)
- Preheat the oven to 160c
- Prep your Bundt tin by coating the inside with soft butter and sprinkling with plain flour. This is essential to ensure the cake slides out of the tin when baked.
- Zest the two lemons and place the zest to one side. Then squeeze both the lemons and leave the juice separately to one side.
- Place the soft butter into a freestanding mixer or a large bowl and mix until creamy. Add the thyme leaves (about 4 teaspoons) and once creamed, add the grated zest of the two lemons and mix.
- Add the Honey Heaven Organic Unprocessed Honeydew Honey and mix.
- Add each egg one by one while still mixing.
- Add the Greek yoghurt and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda and mix until combined.
- Add the lemon juice and mix until combined.
Now pour the mixture into the prepared Bundt tin light tap the tin to remove as many air bubbles as possible.
Place into oven. After 50 minutes, check if the cake is cooked by inserting a skewer or knife into the centre of the sponge. If the instrument is coated in any wet mixture, return to the oven for 10 mins more, then check again.
Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 15 mins. After this stage, remove the cake from the tin and allow to cool completely.
Mix the icing sugar with water and drizzle over the Bundt cake. For a extra special touch, add fresh Thyme leaves.